Ten Reasons to Donate to United Way
1. It’s local. All contributions stay in Yuma County, helping local people in local programs.
2. It’s easy! One time each year, you make one quick and easy pledge to the United Way Community Fund that will have an impact on the community and many agencies year round.
3. Your contribution has the opportunity to grow. When our partner agencies receive funds from the United Way Community Fund, many agencies receive matching funds from other sources. Sometimes each dollar you give is doubled or even tripled by matching grants.
4. It has an excellent reputation. Since our beginnings in Yuma County in 1946, our Board of Directors has been very conscientious about the distribution of United Way funds. This consistent, responsible, local leadership has made United Way of Yuma County a respected and trustworthy recipient for your charitable contributions.
5. It’s efficient. Our United Way does not hire professionals to run our campaign nor do we send out bulk mail requests for donations. Campaign is run by the local staff and overseen throughout the campaign year by those that are committed to Live United.
6. It’s needed. United Way of Yuma County and our partner agencies focus on the needs of our community. Funds from the United Way Community Fund provide such things as food, clothing, healthcare and other needed programs.
7. It makes our community a better place. The best communities take care of their own. As we collectively rise to the occasion to meet the needs of the less fortunate among us, we build a caring, close-knit community.
8. It’s a community wide effort. When you give to the United Way Community Fund, you are joined with thousands of other donors across Yuma County who are choosing to Live United.
9. If feels good. When you willingly help those in need it provides a warm satisfaction that doesn’t go away.
10. It’s tax deductible! United Way of Yuma County is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt non-profit organization. Your charitable donation is deductible on your taxes.